By Mikhail Mikhailov,Robert Cooper
Corpus Linguistics for Translation and Contrastive Studies presents a transparent and useful advent to utilizing corpora in those fields. Giving detailed recognition to parallel corpora, that are collections of texts in or extra languages, and demonstrating the aptitude merits for multilingual corpus linguistics learn to either translators and researchers, this book:
- explores the different sorts of parallel corpora on hand, and exhibits how one can use simple and complicated seek approaches to examine them;
- explains how one can collect a parallel corpus, and discusses their makes use of for translation reasons and to analyze linguistic phenomena throughout languages;
- demonstrates using corpus extracts throughout a variety of texts, together with dictionaries, novels by means of authors together with Jane Austen and Mikhail Bulgakov, and newspapers akin to The Sunday Times;
- is illustrated with case experiences from quite a number languages together with Finnish, Russian, English and French.
Written through skilled researchers and practitioners, Corpus Linguistics for Translation and Contrastive Studies is key studying for postgraduate scholars and researchers operating in the quarter of translation and contrastive studies.
Read Online or Download Corpus Linguistics for Translation and Contrastive Studies: A guide for research (Routledge Corpus Linguistics Guides) PDF
Best translating books
Magisterarbeit aus dem Jahr 2008 im Fachbereich Dolmetschen / Übersetzen, word: 1,3, Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am major (Institut für Romanische Sprachen und Literaturen), fifty six Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Die dynamische Entwicklung der Filmindustrie im Laufe des zwanzigsten Jahrhunderts und insbesondere die andauernden technischen Fortschritte haben eine Massenproduktion im Bereich der audiovisuellen Medien zur Folge.
The essays in Canadian Cultural trade / Ã? Â? adjustments culturels au Canada offer a nuanced view of Canadian transcultural adventure. instead of contemplating Canada as a bicultural dichotomy of colonizer/colonized, this publication examines a box of many cultures and the inventive interactions between them.
The worldwide English sort advisor illustrates how a lot you are able to do to make written texts greater for a world viewers. observed by means of an abundance of truly defined examples, the worldwide English directions provide help to write documentation that's optimized for non-native audio system of English, translators, or even machine-translation software program, in addition to for local audio system of English.
This ebook celebrates the bicentenary of Schleiermacher’s recognized Berlin convention "On different equipment of Translating" (1813). it's the manufactured from a global demand Papers that welcomed students from many overseas universities, inviting them to debate and light up the theoretical and useful reception of a textual content that's not in simple terms arguably canonical for the historical past and idea of translation, yet which has in addition by no means ceased to be current either in theoretical and utilized Translation stories and is still a compulsory a part of translator education.
- A Practical Guide for Translators (Topics in Translation)
- Quantitative Research Methods in Translation and Interpreting Studies
- Translation as a Touchstone
- New Insights into Arabic Translation and Interpreting (None)
- Business Phrases for Lawyers
Additional resources for Corpus Linguistics for Translation and Contrastive Studies: A guide for research (Routledge Corpus Linguistics Guides)
Corpus Linguistics for Translation and Contrastive Studies: A guide for research (Routledge Corpus Linguistics Guides) by Mikhail Mikhailov,Robert Cooper