By Alison Hatch
This important reference textual content completely examines the alarming epidemic of campus sexual attack, together with a dialogue of legislation, high-profile instances, controversies, and proposed solutions.
• offers assurance of a well timed subject that is helping contextualize the difficulty by means of supplying old history and modern research of key occasions, legislation, humans, and controversies
• offers views from people with firsthand event with the problem of campus sexual attack, together with a name IX investigator, a faculty counselor, a sexual attack nurse, in addition to group advocates and survivors
• Explores ideas and alterations which can serve to avoid attacks from occurring
Read or Download Campus Sexual Assault: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World Issues) PDF
Best social sciences reference books
During this wealthy selection of essays, editors Dale McConkey and Peter Augustine Lawler discover the contributions that non secular religion and morality could make to a civil society. notwithstanding the extent of spiritual expression has remained excessive within the usa, the shift from conventional non secular ideals to a much more individualized form of religion has led many to contend that no religion dedication, collective or own, should still give a contribution to the vibrancy of a civil democratic society.
My study within the highbrow and non secular sphere of 19th century Russia published that ever because the penetration of the style capable anti-ecclesiastical perspectives of the Encyclopedists into Russia, the aristocrats had grown detached to faith. The non secular vacuum created because of such stipulations couldn't final, besides the fact that, for a protracted time period; least of all throughout the many years following the r860's whilst Russia's ethical, socio-political, and non secular difficulties have been such a lot acute.
Latinos are the quickest growing to be inhabitants in the USA this present day. This two-volume encyclopedia lines the heritage of Latinos within the usa from colonial occasions to the current, concentrating on their influence at the country in its historic improvement and present tradition. "Latino historical past and tradition" covers the myriad ethnic teams that make up the Latino inhabitants.
Pourquoi et remark, avec un minimal de capitaux culturels et économiques de départ, de rares élèves connaissent-ils un greatest de réussite scolaire ? S’agit-il d’une affaire de dons ? De psychologie ? De famille ? Dans un kind clair et alerte, articulant théorie et recherche empirique, ce livre n’hésite pas à s’aventurer sur de nouveaux sentiers.
- Psychiatry in an Anthropological and Biomedical Context: Philosophical Presuppositions and Implications of German Psychiatry, 1820–1870 (Studies in the History of Modern Science)
- The SAGE Handbook of Drug & Alcohol Studies: Social Science Approaches
- Cuba (Nations in Focus)
- Reader's Guide to Lesbian and Gay Studies
- Industrial Society (Routledge Revivals): Class, Cleavage and Control
- The A to Z of the Druzes (The A to Z Guide Series)
Additional info for Campus Sexual Assault: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World Issues)
Campus Sexual Assault: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World Issues) by Alison Hatch